The NordGen Forest Regeneration Council seeks to increase the availability of suitable forest reproductive material and to promote successful forest regeneration in the Nordic countries.
Photo: Dan Aamlid/NIBIO
This includes both practical and administrative elements of seed and plant supply, regeneration methods, genetics and tree breeding. Within this sphere of activities, the Council shall:
– Initiate and develop Nordic cooperation on practical and administrative tasks
– Collect and disseminate information among both professionals and the public in the Nordic countries
– Contribute to upgrading skills through the dissemination of experiences, methods and research results at conferences and thematic days
– Initiate and monitor Nordic research and development
– Discuss relevant international questions and coordinate Nordic viewpoints when appropriate
– The Council meets 2-3 times a year and has 2 members from each of the Nordic countries.
The chairmanship circulates among the member countries every fourth year.
A general mandate for the Council is given in NordGens strategy for Nordic working groups.
Responsible: Kjersti Bakkebø Fjellstad